The SCMSDC Lunch & Learn program offers MBEs an opportunity to survey new and relevant skills during the compact space of their lunch breaks, while also deepening and widening access to professional connection and partnership. This instructional workshop, hosted once every two months at the SCMSDC office in downtown Los Angeles, engages MBEs as both participants and as facilitators. It also enhances the benefits of certification through the SCMSDC. The program is available to both certified and non-certified, minority and non-minority, business enterprises. A pre-registration through Eventbrite is recommended, and the fee is $20 per session for MBE-certified companies and $30 for non-certified companies.
The Lunch & Learn program seeks to:
- Increase the availability of supplier development opportunities to MBEs
- Empower MBEs with supportive space to share skills and grow networks
- Enhance the sense of community between the MBEs and the SCMSDC staff
- Strengthen professional networks between MBEs
- Gauge MBE ideas and perception of SCMSDC-offered capacity building services
- Engage newly certified MBEs in SCMSDC activities
Interested in hosting?
Are you an MBE who wishes to present at one of SCMSDC’s Lunch & Learn programs? Complete and submit the Host Interest Form and return to Marlene Nantell at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.